Aug 12, 2021
Have you ever wondered how massage guns work? It's a handheld
device used on soft tissue that vibrates at a pre-determined
frequency. They're designed for muscle relief but look a lot like
something you find in a garage.
But they can be super helpful when it comes to reducing soreness
and increasing range of motion.
As I've started using mine more frequently, I wanted to learn
more about the science of how your body responds to vibrational
massage and what's actually happening.
So if you have a massage gun or just are curious how they
work...today's episode is for you!
- How massage guns work
- If percussive massage really makes a difference
- And the most effective way to incorporate them into your
All the links:
- Shop Massage Guns www.aewellness.com/massagegun
- Konrad, A., Glashüttner, C., Reiner, M. M., Bernsteiner, D.,
& Tilp, M. (2020). The Acute Effects of a Percussive Massage
Treatment with a Hypervolt Device on Plantar Flexor Muscles' Range
of Motion and Performance. Journal of sports science &
medicine, 19(4), 690–694. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7675623/
- Martin, J. (2021, January 20). A critical evaluation of
percussion massage gun devices as a rehabilitation tool focusing on
lower limb mobility: A literature review. https://doi.org/10.31236/osf.io/j9ya8
- 30 days to more
strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has
the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life
without pain - www.aewellness.com/mavens
- Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @
- Bodywork Starter
Guide - learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for
quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only
given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline - how do you build
consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and
let me know your body nerd hacks - you might just hear your voice
on a future episode!